- 1. Marriage is a holy covenant: It is very disgusting to see how people easily divorce.
2. Marriage is conditioned on an irrevocable promise: That is, there is no turning back.
3. Marriage involves a walk with an imperfect person: This is why it requires a lot of patience (endurance) and reasonable compromises. You need to submit to the authority of the Holy Spirit in order to teach you what to do so as to walk with the imperfect person.
4. Marriage is for a lifetime: It is till death to the parting.
5. Marriage is to glorify God: We are created for God’s pleasure. People should see your marriage in this light as an example. When people have problems in marriage, it reveals the position they have put God.